A slightly different view of the same world.



Honor After the Fall


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Ok, so I lifted this from another blog I visit. If you want to see the whole site, it's worth checking out. It's called Mia Culpa



















Clinging to Major Beck, Katherine Cathey of Brighton, Colorado, breaks down at the sight of the coffin of her husband Jim, a second lieutenant killed by a booby trap in Al Karmah. She cursed Beck when he arrived to deliver the news, and wouldn't speak to him for an hour. But by the time they reached the airport, she wouldn't let go.

















Katherine Cathey weeps on her husband's casket at the Reno airport as Major Beck comforts her. She clung to it for several minutes, refusing to move. "I know Jim's going to be with me in so many ways," she said later. "And there will be so many people who will teach his son about his father"


















On the eve of the funeral, Katherine insisted on sleeping next to Jim's body, so the Marines arranged a bed and offered to stand guard through the night. She fell asleep to music she and Jim had planned to play at their formal wedding celebration when he returned.


1 Responses to “Honor After the Fall”

  1. Blogger Jamie Hunter 

    Man, does this creep anyone else out? Hate to say it, but he chose his lot in life. I served 6 years in the military and as I was signing up I knew exactly what I was getting myself into. The risks go with the rewards. It sucks to be dead.

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


The Staff

Previous posts

Archives

Sites We Like