A slightly different view of the same world.



I Will Not Miss...


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



So this is the first Christmas season that I will not be working retail.  A lot of people ask me if I miss retail at all.  Sometimes I miss small things.  Hardly ever though.  There is one thing that I will never ever miss.  The ridiculous music that is played at the mall.  Now, let me clarify this first.  I am not a Scrooge.  I do not hate Christmas.  I do not hate all Christmas music.  Just the crap that is played over the Muzak thing at the mall.  You would think that with all of the pop artists and groups out there basically making up songs as they go and riffing on classics, that you would not have to hear the same song twice in a week.  WRONG.  You hear it more than twice a day.  You only get one classic song (ex: Bing Crosby – White Christmas) for every 35 pieces of crap. There is nothing better for putting me in a bad mood than having to listen to that while trying to conduct business.  By “conduct business” I mean sell phones. I would come home from work and want to kick start my grandma’s face.  And when you do that to your family members, you get branded with the stigma of being a Scrooge.

Let me give you a few examples:

  • Bryan Adams – Christmas Time

  • Paul McCartney -  Wonderful Christmas

  • Mariah Carey – All I Want For Christmas (Is You)

  • Britney Spears – My Only Wish (This Year)

If you like any of those songs, you are an asshole.  

Post a comment with your least favorite Christmas song.

        


1 Responses to “I Will Not Miss...”

  1. Blogger Jamie Hunter 

    DT Money disagrees with Sizzle and Elder on this one. I love every song on that list, and I sir am no sphincter! These songs just help me get in the holiday spirit. Now, I will admit that by the end of the year I'm ready to kill myself and everyone of my employees, but that's a whole nother issue.

    My least favorite Christmas song is anything by Bruce Springstein. He sucks.

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


The Staff

Previous posts

Archives

Sites We Like