A slightly different view of the same world.



No State Sponsored Murder For Me, But Thanks For Asking


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Let me say up front that I'm a "Pro Choice", "Pro Life", or whatever else they're calling it these days. I'm not for "Gay Rights". I'm for "Human Rights". I'm not a "Conservative or a Liberal", nor am I a "Republican or a Democrat". I am a concerned citizen of what I feel is still the greatest country in the world, in spite of our own attempts to muck it up.

I have never been for the "death penalty". I feel it is hypocritical, and not only at the state level. While the state is committing the same act as the person they are punishing, in the end it's the right wing, conservative, religious right that I have a problem with. How can you be "pro life" yet support the death penalty? One of their slogans says "All life is precious." It doesn't say "All life is precious, except those on death row." To place so much energy into the life of an unborn child, when you're willing to kill a living, breathing adult is ludicrous to me. And yes, I heard every scenario out there. "What if they murdered your wife?" "What if they raped and murdered your child?" "What if they killed your mom?" I would still be against it for a few reasons. First of all, killing that person is not going to bring any of my loved ones back. There are no "pet cemeteries". Secondly, I would much rather have that person live out the remainder of their life in solitary confinement, thinking about what they've done. I am convinced that everyone has a conscious. Everyone. And given that much time alone, you have no choice but to think about what you've done. I don't care if they never show remorse. Just let them sit there for the next 50 years or so alone and with no freedoms. There should also be hard labor involved.

Whatever happened to redemption? Our own president claims that he's a "born again Christian" and that he's a "changed man". Yet he executed more people as the governor of Texas than any other governor in the history of that state! He was given a second chance, yet his refusal to grant clemency to anyone is saying that others can't be redeemed.

People like to throw the bible at you saying "an eye for an eye". Well, I know that Jesus himself was against revenge. It was he that said "but whoever slaps you on the right cheek, turn the other to him also." That passage is definitely not someone who is seeking revenge. Now, I know some of you are going to say the bible says "you must obey the law of the land," and while I believe this is true, in my opinion it still doesn't justify the states policy of deciding who lives or dies.


We know for a fact that the death penalty doesn't act as a deterrent. If it did, people wouldn't kill people, yet they still do. It costs just as much to execute someone than it does to keep them imprisoned for life. Let's stop the madness. Stop the killing. Let God decide who lives or dies. Now go hug someone.

DT Money


2 Responses to “No State Sponsored Murder For Me, But Thanks For Asking”

  1. Blogger Scott Webster 

    What about the people against abortion who send our kids off to war for unjust reasons? What about the people who do not provide armor for the soldiers? Are they not doing everything they can to ensure that everyone deserves a chance to live? What about the people who blow up abortion clinics? Here's a novel idea... "Let's kill a few people (doctors no less) because they "kill" unborn children. Sounds like a preemptive strike to me. Sounds like attacking them there before so we don't have to fight them here.

  2. Blogger Scott Webster 

    I love Eldertron in a very heterosexual way.

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


The Staff

Previous posts

Archives

Sites We Like