A slightly different view of the same world.



Mall Photo Dude


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Is it just me or does everyone feel like punching these mall photo dudes right in the face?! I think they work for United Studios. It's the mall photo dude's job to get people to sign up for a sitting by offering an 8x10 photo for $5. Not a bad deal, but what they don't tell you is that you will be treated to a VERY HIGH PRESSURE sales pitch afterwards to buy more pictures. Now, this in itself isn't a bad thing, but the pictures are utter crap! My dad fell for this in a Giant Eagle once, and man we laugh at these pictures every time we see them. I could do a better job with a disposable camera and my eyes shut.

These photo dudes are as cheesy as they come. They only seem to approach women (they usually have kids with them) and they always use the same line. "Here you go, miss." "Miss, here you go." 9 out of 10 people keep walking, but you will see that 1 person sucked in. These guys are like TMS selling polaroids. Punch one!


1 Responses to “Mall Photo Dude”

  1. Blogger Scott Webster 

    No doubt! I see those guys set up behind their booth and I high-tail it away from them. Not that I am scared of them, but I just really feel like they are a big waste of my time to talk with them. The last guy was like "Hey buddy, you wanna get a picture for your girlfriend?" and I told him that I didn't have one. This was true because I had a fiancee at the time. Anyways without batting an eye, dude was like "How about we take your picture and hang it here at the booth so we can get you one?" SCREW OFF. Go talk to DT Money's dad or something. A lot of times when I am leaving the store, I grab my cell phone and throw it to my ear and pretend to talk to someone. Why do I need to do this? I feel like I am "letting the terrorists win" when I am forced to do this.

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


The Staff

Previous posts

Archives

Sites We Like