A slightly different view of the same world.



X-Men 3


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...








Here’s a few things I need to say about the new X-Men movie coming out. First, I need to inform dear reader that I have yet to see the trailer. This is just my take after viewing the promo pics above. It’s hard to believe that the first picture is Kelsey Grammer, huh? That second one of Angel looks tight to me.


Now, my reservation about the movie. Brett Ratner is directing it. This guy has made some decent stuff (Rush Hour, Red Dragon) over time, but he has also made some not so decent stuff too (Money Talks, After the Sunset). Every time I read something he says, I just feel like yelling at the magazine or website that bothered to talk to him. I think he is a douchebag. He took over the reigns of the franchise after Brian Singer left to film Superman Returns. Singer has far superior product compared to Ratner. Ratner needs to stick to making music videos. Just because you are “excited” about the project or a “a huge fan” of something, doesn’t make you an expert at it. Hell, I get excited over money and I consider myself a big fan of it. But guess what, I am not good at making it and keeping it.

When I saw the first X-Men I remember coming out of the theater thinking to myself “Man, that was pretty sweet.” Two days later I was like “Man, there was not nearly enough character development. Too many people in the movie.”

When I came out of the second one, I was thinking, “Wow! That was much better than the first one. I care more about the people in the movie. Better character development.” A few weeks later, I’m thinking “That was a lot of fun, but I don’t think I’ll be watching that movie over and over on DVD.”

When I think about this movie, I say to myself, “Don’t get too excited.” I will probably end up liking the movie on first viewing. However, I anticipate that I will not be touting the merits of any of these movies down the road. Sure, the special effects are cool, the script is decent, the actors are excellent, and the music is kinda neat too. I just don’t know what it is that makes me not like these movies like I should. I’ll be back with more once I watch the trailer.


0 Responses to “X-Men 3”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


The Staff

Previous posts

Archives

Sites We Like